Lee County Florida
SW Florida Paradise Coast Living
Welcome to Lee County, Florida
Lee County is the ninth-most populated county located in the state of Florida, USA. The Lee County seat is the city of Fort Myers. As of the 2020 census, the population of Lee County was estimated to be around 804,384.
Lee County is located in the southwest part of Florida, along the Gulf of Mexico, an area referred to as “The Paradise Coast”. Lee County is known for its beautiful beaches, including Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, and Fort Myers Beach. The county also has a number of wildlife preserves, such as the J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge, which is home to a variety of bird species and other wildlife.
The economy of Lee County is driven by tourism, as well as industries such as healthcare, retail, and construction. The county is also home to a number of higher education institutions, including Florida Gulf Coast University and Hodges University.
Lee County was founded in 1887 and was named after Robert E. Lee, the Confederate general. The county has a rich history, with archaeological evidence indicating that the area has been inhabited for thousands of years. Today, Lee County is a vibrant and growing community that offers a high quality of life for its residents and visitors alike.
Living in Lee County: Lee County Real Estate, Neighborhoods and Communities
There are many neighborhoods and communities in Lee County, Florida. Some examples include:
Fort Myers: The city of Fort Myers is the county seat of Lee County and the largest city in the county. It is home to many neighborhoods, such as McGregor, Dean Park, and Whiskey Creek.
Cape Coral: Cape Coral is a large city in Lee County and is known for its many canals and waterways. It has many different neighborhoods, such as Pelican, Yacht Club, and Caloosahatchee.
Bonita Springs: Bonita Springs is a city in Lee County that is known for its beautiful beaches and natural attractions. It has many neighborhoods, such as Bonita Bay, Pelican Landing, and Barefoot Beach.
Sanibel Island: Sanibel Island is a barrier island located off the coast of Lee County. It is known for its pristine beaches and natural beauty. Some of the neighborhoods on the island include Gulf Pines, Sea Oats, and Sanibel Bayous.
Estero: Estero is a village in Lee County that is located between Fort Myers and Bonita Springs. It has many neighborhoods, such as The Reserve at Estero, Bella Terra, and The Vines.
North Fort Myers: North Fort Myers is an unincorporated community in Lee County that is located north of the city of Fort Myers. Fort Myers has many different neighborhoods, such as Waterway Estates, Sabal Springs, Leigh Acres, and Herons Glen.
Pine Island: Pine Island is an island located in Lee County that is known for its fishing and boating. Some of the neighborhoods on the island include Bokeelia, St. James City, and Matlacha.
Lee County Sports Teams
Lee County, Florida is home to several sports teams, including:
- Boston Red Sox: Lee County is the winter home for the Boston Red Sox. Red Sox fans can watch the team play “home” games at JetBlue Park in Fort Myers.
- Minnesota Twins: The American League MLB Minnesota Twins’ winter home is Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Fort Myers Mighty Mussels: The Fort Myers Mighty Mussels are a minor league baseball team that plays in the Florida State League. The team is affiliated with the Minnesota Twins and plays their home games at Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers.
- Florida Everblades: The Florida Everblades are a minor league ice hockey team that plays in the ECHL. The team plays their home games at Hertz Arena in Estero.
- Gulf Coast Tarpons: The Gulf Coast Tarpons are a professional indoor football team that plays in the American Arena League. The team plays its home games at the Suncoast Credit Union Arena in Fort Myers.
- Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles: Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) is a Division I university that fields 15 varsity sports teams, including basketball, soccer, volleyball, and baseball. The FGCU Eagles play their home games at various locations on campus.
In addition to these teams, Lee County is also known for its golf courses and hosts several professional golf events, including the Chubb Classic and the CME Group Tour Championship. Lee County also has many parks and recreation facilities where residents can participate in a variety of sports and activities.
Lee County Commerce, Shopping, and Entertainment
Lee County, Florida has a thriving commerce and entertainment scene, with many options for shopping and entertainment. Here are some examples:
- Gulf Coast Town Center: Gulf Coast Town Center is a large outdoor shopping and entertainment center located in Estero. The center has over 100 stores, restaurants, and entertainment options, including a movie theater and a Dave & Buster’s.
- Bell Tower Shops: Bell Tower Shops is an outdoor shopping and dining center located in Fort Myers. The center has over 50 stores and restaurants, as well as a movie theater and live entertainment.
- The Promenade: This popular SWFL dining destination is located on US41 in Bonita Springs.
- Miromar Outlets: Miromar Outlets is an outdoor shopping center located in Estero. The center has over 140 designer and brand-name outlet stores, as well as restaurants and entertainment.
- Edison Mall: Edison Mall is an indoor shopping mall located in Fort Myers. The mall has over 160 stores, including major department stores, as well as a food court and a movie theater.
- Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre: The Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre is a popular entertainment venue located in Fort Myers. The theater offers live Broadway-style musicals and plays, as well as dinner and drinks.
- Germain Arena: Germain Arena, also known as Hertz Arena, is a large indoor sports and entertainment venue located in Estero. The arena hosts a variety of events, including concerts, sports games, and family shows.
Fort Myers Beach: Fort Myers Beach is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, with its beautiful beaches, restaurants, and entertainment options. The beach will be back hosting many events and festivals throughout the year, such as the Fort Myers Beach Pirate Festival and the Shrimp Festival. Of course, many events were canceled or postponed due to Hurricane Ian.
In addition to these options, Lee County also has many other shopping centers, restaurants, theaters, and entertainment venues to explore.
LEE COUNTY, FL GIFTS
PARADISE COAST ATTRACTIONS
Avi's Water Sports Jet Ski Adventure Tours, Caxambas Park, 909 Collier Ct., Marco Island, FL 34145 | 239-777-9873
Avi's is a family-owned business that offers some of the most exciting dolphin jet ski tours and jet ski rental adventures on Marco Island. You are invited to take an exciting journey with Avi "The Dolphin Whisperer" and take home a complimentary flash drive of photos from your adventure. Bring the family and make lasting memories. Contact us to book your dolphin Jet Ski tour.
Avi's Water Sports & Jet Ski Adventure Tours - Marco Island, FL
Sunshine Tours and Fishing Charters, Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Dr., Marco Island, FL | 239-642-5415
Sunshine Tours. Fish the 10,000 islands, the best in Offshore, Back Water, Off Shore, and Near Coastal Fishing Charters. We know where the fish are. Also offering Marco Island Shelling Trips, and Sightseeing aboard one of our four fishing boats. Since 1984, Sunshine Tours has provided unsurpassed fishing charters, and on-the-water experiences for locals and visitors alike. Shared and private charters available. Contact us to book your Marco Island fishing charter.
Sunshine Tours & Charters - Marco Island, FL
Marco Island Princess / Sunshine Tours, Rose Marina, 951 Bald Eagle Dr., Marco Island FL 34145 | 239-642-5415
The Marco Island Princess is a 90' luxury yacht offering daily Sightseeing, Lunch and Sunset Dinner Cruises. All of our delicious meals are prepared fresh on board for your enjoyment. Our professional and friendly crew will attend to your every need. Two full service cash bars serving up all of your favorite drinks! Also available for Weddings and Private Charters. Marco Island's most unique dining experience!
Visit The Marco Island Princess - Marco Island, FL
Island Bike Shops (2 Locations) 1095 Bald Eagle Dr., Marco Island, FL 34145 | 239-394-8400 & 4342 Thomasson Dr., Naples, FL 34112 | 239-732-8400
At Island Bike Shops we make your visit fun. Reserve your rental online. Check our selection of bicycle rentals, electric bikes, motor scooters, trailers, and more. Naples Bicycle Tours provides a unique opportunity for residents and visitors to experience the diversity of Southwest Florida. Our large or small group bicycle tours can accommodate all cycling levels as we personally escort you through Naples, Historic Old Naples, Marco Island, or the Natural Everglades.
Visit Island Bike Shops - Marco Island & Naples
Naples Bicycle Tours, Naples, FL 34113 | 239-580-7960
Naples Bicycle Tours provides a unique opportunity for visitors and residents to experience the natural Florida Everglades, up close and personal. Connect with nature on this 3-hour historic & ecotour in the heart of the Glades. All tours include everything needed for the adventure: custom-fit cycle, helmet, drinks, snacks, and a certified FL naturalist guide.
Naples Bicycle Tours - Naples, FL
Naples Bicycle Tours, Naples, FL 34113 | 239-580-7960
Naples Bicycle Tours provides a unique opportunity for visitors and residents to experience Marco Island, the Natural Florida Everglades, and Historic Old Naples up close and personal, on a bicycle. All bike tours include everything needed for an amazing bicycling adventure: custom-fit cycle, helmet, drinks, snacks, and a certified FL naturalist guide.
Naples Bicycle Tours - Naples, FL
Go Cats On The Water - Port Of The Islands, Naples, FL | 239-748-4099
Marco and Naples Most Exciting Boat Tour. Explore the backwater and mangroves for an unforgettable adventure in Southwest Florida. Everglades Backwater Sightseeing Eco-Tours in our safe, and easy to drive boats. Choose a 75 minute or a 3 hour tour. Our custom Go-Cat boats are fun for all ages and can easily be operated by both younger adults and seniors.
GoCatsOnTheWater.com - Naples, FL
Paradise Coast Living
Share your Estero, Florida business news, vacation activity, or suggestions, contact us. Thank you for visiting Paradise Coast Living.