SW Florida Born or Living ~ Famous Floridians
Southwest Florida is home to several world-famous celebrities, politicians, inventors, innovators, fashion icons, and others. Thomas Edison is perhaps one of the most famous SWFL residents. The Edison Estate in Fort Myers is a popular southwest Florida visitor attraction.
Browse our collection of famous people from or living in Southwest Florida, including Fort Myers, Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, Marco Island, Punta Gorda, and Everglades City:
- Thomas Edison: The inventor and businessman spent winters in his Fort Myers estate, Seminole Lodge, in the early 1900s.
- Henry Ford: The American industrialist and founder of Ford Motor Company was a good friend of Thomas Edison and also had a winter estate next door to Edison’s in Fort Myers.
- Charles & David Koch: The billionaire businessmen and philanthropists lived in Naples for many years and supported many local causes and charities.
- Dave Andreychuk: The former NHL player and Stanley Cup champion lives in Tampa and is involved with the Tampa Bay Lightning organization.
- Jeff Kottkamp: The former Lieutenant Governor of Florida lives in Cape Coral and is involved in local politics and business.
- Larry Klayman: The lawyer and conservative political activist lives in Naples and founded Judicial Watch, a watchdog organization that monitors the U.S. government.
- David Lawrence Jr.: The former publisher of the Miami Herald and founder of The Children’s Movement of Florida lives in Naples and advocates for children’s rights and education.
- Faye Dunaway: The Oscar-winning actress and star of classic movies like “Bonnie and Clyde” and “Network” lived in Fort Myers in the early 2000s.
- Rosie O’Donnell: The comedian and actress owns a home on Casey Key, an island near Sarasota.
- R.A. Salvatore: The bestselling author of fantasy novels like the “Forgotten Realms” series and “The DemonWars Saga” lives in Naples.
- Bill Nelson: The former U.S. Senator from Florida and astronaut lived in Melbourne Beach, and was born and raised in Miami.
- Bobby Nichols: The former PGA Tour golfer and winner of the 1964 PGA Championship lives in Naples and is involved in local golf events and charities.
- Mike Greenwell: The former MLB player for the Boston Red Sox and Florida Marlins lives in Cape Coral and owns a local family entertainment center.
- Jay Sebring: The famous hairstylist to the stars and victim of the Manson Family murders was born and raised in the Fort Myers area.
- Clyde Butcher: The photographer known for his black-and-white images of the Everglades lives in Venice and has a gallery in nearby Sarasota.
These are just a few examples of the many famous Floridians – people who have lived in or are from beautiful Southwest Florida.
Gulf Coast SW Florida Realtors – Real Estate Agents & Realty Brokers
Becky Irwin Realtor® | 954-249-0374
Becky Irwin has been Florida resident for more than 30 years. Her family moved full time to Marco Island in 1980 and then to Fort Lauderdale in 1983. Becky is intimately familiar with both the east-coast (Broward) and west-coast (Collier) communities of Florida. A graduate of both St. Thomas Aquinas High School and Florida State University, she has deep roots and connections across South Florida. Becky is a licensed Florida Broker Associate, a member of the Marco Island Area Association of Realtors, Naples Area Board of Realtors and the Realtor Association of Greater Fort Lauderdale.
Visit Becky Irwin Realtor Listings
Marco Expert - Patrick J. Wilkins Realtor® | 239-260-3550
Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist. When you are ready to buy or sell on Marco Island contact the Wilkins Team. Personally sold Over $950 Million. Member RE/MAX Affinity Plus. #1 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide 2004. Browse our website for Marco Island real estate market research, covering all the surrounding areas as well.
Visit Marco Expert - Marco Island, FL
The Miano Group Realty LLC, 4119 Tamiami Trail East, Naples, FL. 34112 | 239-734-3681
From Property Management, Vacation rentals, and Southwest Florida Real Estate Sales you can always count on the experienced team at Miano Group Realty. At Miano Group Realty we "cover all the bases". Visit our new website to view our latest Naples, Marco Island, Fort Myers, and Southwest Florida Real Estate.
Visit Miano Group Realty - Naples, FL
Siobhan St Amour, Coldwell Banker Real Estate, 950 N Collier Blvd, Ste 427, Marco Island, FL 34145 | 239-269-3863
I came from Ireland to Florida in 2006 and have been selling Real Estate on Marco Island and in Naples since 2015. When looking to buy here, you will need someone you can trust for up-to-date information. I am eager to serve you and will listen carefully to what you are looking for, and help you find your peace of paradise down here in Southwest Florida.
Siobhan St Amour Coldwell Banker Real Estate - Marco Island, FL
Matt Brown, William Raveis Real Estate, 720 Fifth Avenue South, Naples, FL 34102 | 239-580-8864
Specializing in luxury homes and condominiums, Matt Brown has 18+ years of experience marketing and selling exceptional properties. He has closed over $500 million and skillfully negotiated over 100 highest and best multiple-bid sales. Unparalleled focus on every detail, his reputation continues to set the bar high in the industry.
Matt Brown, Bonita Springs, Estero, Naples, FL Real Estate Agent
NH Real Estate
Visit New Hampshire Real Estate listings to find Lake and Mountain Property in beautiful New England. New Hampshire For Sale By Owner Homes, Commercial Property and New Hampshire's Top Real Estate Agents and Realtors. Visit NH Real Estate - NH Living Real Estate.
Include Me shortcode: file not found